Have you ever seen a famous twitter account that has a big number of follower were talking about a brand regularly? And then, they asked you to follow the brand or participate in some hashtag? If yes, you have already met an influencer. Brand used influencer because they believe they campaign will spread wider if they use influencer. Some theories said that people have a tendency to follow what they idol did. People follow the other people because they like what their idol did, talked, and thought. The more follower that influencer have, the wider campaign they spread out. Usually, the brand use more than one influencer to spread their message.
From my experience, influencer got much money from what they tweeted. More famous they are, more expensive their tweet. So, as a brand, you dont want to waste your money right? You must think harder to choose which influencer that fit to your campaign. There are some suggestions that you have to concern:
1. Influencer and product must fit each other
Depends on the target market, you have to consider what kind of follower that influencer have. We also have to double check influencer’s tweet. And then, look over the target market from your campaign. Does influencer appropriate with your campaign?
2. Measure the effectiveness of influencer
Maybe this point will be the main point of this posting. Yup, by measure the effectiveness of your influencer, you have some informations about which influencer that fit to your product? Which influencer that resulted in a huge number respond? Which influencer that give you more follower? Of course this information is very useful for your campaign, but you cant get this information in the first time you use influencer. Because you must test it first. You can use this information in the next campaign.
To raise a statement about which influencer that more effective than the others, we have to do some analysis. To make it easier, lets list down all of your influencer in a table that consist of default and custome coloum.
- First coloum is your influencer name.
- Second coloum is how much you have to pay them.
- Third coloum is how many tweet they resulted.
- Fourth coloum is how many respond they got (including reply, reply by retweeted, and retweet).
- Fifth coloum is how many follower you got from they tweeted.
- Sixth coloum is the average number of follower that they follower have (follower level 2).
This default coloum contains basic data you must have to measure the effectiveness of your influencer. Then, you can combine the data into custome coloum to result more insight data.
- First coloum is your influencer name.
- Second coloum is the price of each respond they got (number the money that you paid divided by number of respond they resulted) – CPR.
- Third coloum is the price of each follower they added for your brand (number of money that you paid divided by number of follower they got for your brand) – CPF.
- Fourth coloum is how wide they spread your message (impression from your campaign). You can get this number by multiply the number of tweet they resulted with the number of follower they have, plus the number of responds (just RT or Reply by Retweeted) they got multiply by the average number of follower that they follower have.
Example: influencer A with 10 tweets. He got 3 reply and 7 RT. He has 1200 followers. From 1200 follower, each of them usually have 500 followers. The impression is:
(10 tweets x 1200 followers) + ( 7 RT x 500 followers) = 15,500 times
*remember, we exclude the number of reply from this calculation, because people who can see the message from reply only people who follow both account. So, we just use the number of RT and Reply by retweeted in this case.
Voila! Now, you have some data that you can use to consider which influencer that give you more surplus, which influencer that more effective. The ideal are:
You can combine this three points to choose which influencer that you want to use in your next campaign.
How? Dou you have deeper understanding after read this posting? Or still have some difficulties? Please let me know, feel free to discuss.